“As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” – Nelson Mandela
Six ways to let your light shine
• Take care of yourself. Make this your number one priority! When you feel good, it’s easier shine your light on everything and everyone.
• Volunteer. To cast your light even further, volunteer. You and everyone around you reap tremendous benefits when you give the gift of your time and expertise.
• Listen more. Listen without interrupting, without giving advice, and without telling your own story. Sometimes, people just want to be heard.
• Be positive. Every day, resolve to do these three things to maintain a positive attitude: smile, focus on what you have not what you don’t have, and expect only great things to happen to you.
• Be appreciative. William James, an American philosopher and psychologist, stated that the deepest craving in human nature is the desire to be appreciated. So go out of your way to let those around you know that you appreciate them – for little and big things.
• Be thankful. Stay in a state of gratitude. Begin and end each day with a “thank you”. Quoting Meister Eckhart, “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.”
How can and do you let your light shine? Let me hear from you.