This is what an ageless beauty looks like
Do you know women who are healthier, happier, more confident and more beautiful today than they were 5, 10, or 15 or more years ago? Are you one of those women?
I am. My hair is no longer long, black and thick; my skin is no longer tight and smooth. I don’t move quite as fast. I don’t even think I am as tall. Yet, I am, without a doubt, an ageless beauty.
Being an ageless beauty isn’t something that’s reserved for a few. Anyone can be one by practicing these 5 easy-to-implement beauty tips.
- Exercise. Most ageless beauties have one thing in common: exercise. We engage in some form of physical exercise at least 5 days a week. Our routine falls into 3 categories: cardio, strength training, and flexibility (stretching). And, we engage in activities that we enjoy. For example, I love to dance. So, I dance at least 3 days a week – at home or at my gym. Whether at home or at my gym, I dance as if no one is watching.
- Eat and drink more consciously. This doesn’t mean that we don’t sometimes overindulge. For the most part, however, we watch what we eat and when we eat it. We include more fresh fruit, vegetables, and fish in our diet. And, we limit our intake of fried foods, red meat, prepackaged foods, sugary drinks, alcohol, and caffeine.
- Establish and stick to a beauty regiment. Clean your skin before going to bed, use a moisturizer daily, wear sun screen and avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. Make drinking more plain water a vital part of your beauty regiment. It does wonders for your body, especially your skin. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturize skin and increase skin elasticity.It flushes out impurities in your skin, leaving you with a clear, glowing complexion; a more youthful complexion.
- Update your appearance. Don’t let your wardrobe and your shoes date you. While I don’t obsess about it, I love to look fashionable – even when working out. I keep abreast of fashion trends. And, once or twice a year, I add a trendy yet classic item to my wardrobe.
- Cultivate an empowering relationship. An empowering relationship is a nurturing, supportive relationship that can show up in different ways: spouse, partner, boyfriend/friend or simply a bff (best friend forever). Not just anybody, but a person who shares your enthusiasm for living; and is willing to do things – like go dancing.
Being an ageless beauty isn’t dictated by one’s genes, it’s about one’s attitude, lifestyle, and the willingness to embrace change.
Are you an ageless beauty? Do you know any ageless beauties? If yes, please let me hear from you.