You’re never too young or too old to build a solid foundation for becoming ageless.
Have you ever pondered the lifestyles of people who don’t seem to get old not matter their chronological age? Recently I have been paying a great deal of attention to these people (mostly women). And, here are a few things I have discovered; a few things they have in common.
- They are active – in every way. They are engaged and involved in some type of social activity – whether community or church. They all do some form of physical exercise on a regular basis. They walk, play tennis, take group exercise classes or swim.
- They are conscious about what they eat. They don’t eat a lot of junk. And, when they plan to put in long hours, they carry apples, nuts, water, and other healthy snacks.
- They have a supportive inner circle. Some of these women have had the same friends for over 30 years. And, they take time out of their busy schedules to spend time with their friends and family. They cultivate relationships. They remember and celebrate special events like birthdays, and the like.
- They are current. They keep up with current events. And, embrace technology. They are technologically and social media savvy; sending emails and text messages on a regular basis.
- They are passionate about something. There are causes (or a single cause) they strongly believe in and commit their time to supporting. They are tireless and fearless – even though it sometimes means stepping outside of their comfort zone.
These women are a living testament to George Burn’s quote: “you can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old”.
Do you have some thoughts on not growing old? Let me hear from you.